Location: You can join us either in one of our offices in Hamburg, Berlin or Barcelona or 100% remotely in one of the 11 countries where we have a legal entity**
What we are looking for
We are looking for a ‘Head of Marketplace Performance’ who defines and executes our growth strategies for multiple countries. The ‘Head of Marketplace Performance’ has a proven track record in leading marketplaces in different maturity stages and with varying value propositions.
We believe you should have experience in developing & executing market-winning strategies to grow a business quickly in a fast changing & highly competitive market context, in convincing senior stakeholders as well as in influencing product roadmaps in a cross-functional environment. You will be reporting directly to the VP marketplace performance.
- Budget responsibility for a country cluster P&L to achieve top line growth and contribution margin targets.
- Effective funds allocation into brand, performance marketing and incentives depending on market context & company strategy
- Identify shortcomings of our two-sided marketplace based on KPIs and develop & execute strategies to improve those shortcomings
- Responsible for supply and passenger budget forecasts, allocation, acquisition and retention strategy and performance (KPIs, cost, LTV)
- Definition of acquisition and retention strategies for both supply and demand together with a team of demand / supply experts
- Work with local general managers and senior management to develop and implement pricing & growth strategies, and improve competitive positioning
- Develop/Review/Influence monthly and quarterly budget forecasts with Finance & Ops
- Discuss and validate major strategic decisions (pricing / commission change, significant investments)
- Be a decision leader & coordinator between Finance, Data, Marketing, Product, local teams
- Collaborate with local Ops Manager and local marketing, central marketing and DATA teams to validate the driver incentives (bonus, commission, referral, loyalty program, online perf.)
- Ideate, propose and execute revenue generating initiatives (e.g, new fleet type, price changes, introduction of fees)
- Lead a team of up to 3 demand / supply / pricing specialists working within this cluster.
- Lead the rollout of frameworks and tools for decision making across the organisation, in collaboration with data and product teams
- 5+ years of full-time work experience in fast-paced company, a start-up or a consulting firm in a commercial role
- Ride Hailing / Micro Mobility / Food delivery or related marketplace / platform business model experience is a must
- People leadership and team building skills: You have led a team before and have experience in hiring & developing a high-performing team
- Ability to drive decision making: across multiple departments and senior stakeholders
- Innovative & ambitious mindset: always focused on doing things better and faster
- Data driven decision-making mentality: Sound business judgement through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Strategic thinker: able to see the big picture and balance long-term vision with short and medium-term goals
- Great stakeholder management skills: Strong collaboration, and superb communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to synthesise information quickly
** legal entities: France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Italy, England, Ireland, Poland, Romania & Greece
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidised gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? We offer Udemy e-learning platform, subsidised language classes, internal peer-to-peer trainings and more to support your learning & development opportunities.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly mobility budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is the Mobility Super App with the largest choice for consumers across Europe. More than 56 million users in 16 markets and in over 170 cities today are already moving freely from A to B by accessing the largest selection of mobility options available in one app. Through the unique integration of mobility brands and payment services, they can book their nearest taxi, private hire vehicle, car sharing, or micro-mobility option such as eScooters, eMopeds, and eBikes within the app. FREE NOW aggregates numerous mobility brands with the ambition to make urban mobility more efficient and sustainable without adding new vehicles on the street. The German based company is backed by the BMW Group and Mercedes-Benz Mobility. In total, around 1,850 employees in more than 27 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Thomas Zimmermann.