We at Free Now are looking for a passionate Cloud Administrator/Engineer (m/f/d) to join the IT-Solutions team, which is responsible for advancing the digital workplace at Free Now with state of the art devices and services to get their work done. Join us if you are an IT professional with an “automation first” mindset while bringing innovation and process improvement to all areas of an organisation. At Free Now you will have the opportunity to work with new and interesting technologies used by our employees at the forefront of productivity and innovation.
As part of our team of highly skilled and motivated Administrators/Engineers, you will be responsible for our Cloud Services like Okta and GSuite. Your focus will be on automating IT related processes and implementing Infrastructure/IT as Code where you can add your own ideas and define where the cloud infrastructure of the company is heading. The goal is to ensure that our infrastructure and processes run smoothly and efficiently.
You can join us either in one of our offices in Hamburg, Berlin or Barcelona or work remotely within the countries we are operating. This includes: Spain, Germany, Portugal, Italy, France, Poland, UK, Ireland, Austria, Greece and Romania.
Your field of work:
- Create and design new services for our Service Catalog.
- Maintain essential cloud services which include a variety of SaaS applications like Okta, GSuite, Slack and many more.
- Provide internal IT and Application support, including: troubleshooting outages, retrieving and analysing logs and performing root cause analysis.
- Integrate new cloud services into the current environment
- Administer systems using automated configuration management utilities.
- Resolve operational problems
- Share knowledge actively with the rest of the IT team to help them learn and improve the effectiveness of IT Services.
To be successful in this role your tech stack should include a deep understanding of:
- Identity Providers (Okta, Onelogin and Active Directory),
- SaaS ( Gsuite, Slack, Zoom, Workday, DocuSign, ... ),
- SSO standards like OAuth, SAML and OpenID Connect
- AWS (incl. services like EC2, ELB, RDS and S3)
- 3+ years experience of implementation of IT Infrastructure and Cloud Administration or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. Ability to interact effectively with organisational personnel, external customers, and 3rd party suppliers.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience managing monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus.
- Ability to script yourself out of a problem (Bash, Python).
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidised gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? We offer Udemy e-learning platform, subsidised language classes, internal peer-to-peer trainings and more to support your learning & development opportunities.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly mobility budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is the Mobility Super App with the largest vehicle choice for consumers across Europe. More than 54 million users in 16 markets and in over 170 cities today are already moving freely from A to B by accessing the largest selection of mobility options available in one app. Through the unique integration of mobility brands and payment services, they can book their nearest taxi, private hire vehicle, car sharing or micro-mobility option such as eScooters, eMopeds, and eBikes within the app. FREE NOW aggregates numerous mobility brands with the ambition to make urban mobility more efficient and sustainable without adding new vehicles on the street. The German based company is backed by the BMW Group and Mercedes-Benz Mobility. In total, around 1,850 employees in more than 27 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Thomas Zimmermann.