You want to be part of the next step in the evolution of FREE NOW into a global player in the ride-hailing industry and the establishment of FREE NOW’s role in the future of autonomous vehicle platforms?
You will be part of a growing Data Engineering team at FREE NOW in a role that works with an extensive variety of data with innovative analytical techniques in order to drive the decision making in the company specifically around what features are developed into our products.
- This role will have the responsibility for the design of the data model used by FREE NOW for reporting and analytics purposes.
- A primary function will be to develop strategy and processes that ensure the quality and consistency of the data produced by the ETL process.
- You bring a desire to create understanding of business use cases through creation of data models.
- You will be a key point of contact for Business and Product Analysts to extend their data analysis capacity and KPIs creation by constantly enriching the data model.
- Serve as an expert function assisting analysts in developing ETL jobs and extensions by setting best practices, developing overall data model structures that others will work within.
- You will work closely with Data Platform and Data Application teams to ensure that the end to end data processing works smoothly and meets the company’s expanding needs.
- Understand and troubleshoot the existing ETL process.
- Work in a cross functional project team to implement a data governance system including documenting data lineage and developing monitoring and alerting tools for data quality.
- Degree in Informations Systems, Computer Science or other fields with a strong data management background.
- Alternatively background in data analytics with multiple years of experience in developing data models and managing ETL processes.
- Expert level SQL and experience transforming business logic into ETL jobs.
- Knowledge of Python (or other relevant programming languages).
- Implementation of ETL jobs in Airflow or other scheduling platforms.
- Experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience in transforming and troubleshooting event based data sources into cleaned and enriched data models.
- Exceptional analytical skills, lateral thinking and experience in solving challenging problems.
- Experiences in working with Data Visualisation tools (e.g.Tableau, Metabase) is a plus
- Fluent in business English
About FREE NOW
FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.