You want to be part of the next step in the evolution of FREE NOW into a global player in the ride-hailing industry and the establishment of FREE NOW’s role in the future of autonomous vehicle platforms?
Our Data Engineering teams are designing and building data pipelines to schedule and orchestrate a variety of tasks such as import, cleanse, transform, enrich, and export data as per the business needs. In order to improve our customer experience and deliver a great product, we serve the data insights at depth to various teams like data analysts, data science and business stakeholders to take strategic decisions, train DS models, perform health checks, etc.
- Build and maintain mature real-time/batch data pipelines that can consolidate and clean up usage analytics.
- Work with multiple partner teams and build cross-functional solutions in a collaborative work environment.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Build high-performance APIs to access and query data from data warehouse.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
- You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Scala and Python.
- You have knowledge of the AWS suite, such as AWS Lambda, AWS S3, AWS Cloud watch ...
- Experience with Distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto is helpful.
- Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipelines is a great plus. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to craft it into information.
- Enjoy working with stream processing frameworks like Spark structured streaming, Kafka streams.
- You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by many customers, your attention to detail leads to a delightful user experience.
- Fluent proficiency in Business English
About FREE NOW
FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) and hive (e-scooter and e-bikes in 3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.