As of now, we are looking for a Backend Engineer (m/f/d) for our FREE NOW Rider Quality Engineering team in Hamburg. You can join us either in one of our offices in Hamburg, Berlin or Barcelona or 100% remote within the EU/within Europe.
Do you want to be part of something big and you like working with great people?
The Rider QE as part of Rider Core is working on optimising the development of quality software, providing infrastructure and solutions to all Rider teams.
Within Rider you will not only make our processes even more convenient and frictionless and improve the customer Rider app experience but also contribute to
- From the idea to the design, implementation of new solutions tailored to our growing business and development needs
- Create guidelines, testing strategies for Rider teams, support them with their strategy, drive effective test coverage
- Rethink existing solutions and tooling, build upon them to improve developer experience, robustness, performance and testability of Rider backend services
- Exchange testing ideas with other domains to become successful as a whole.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Provide infrastructure to Rider teams for enabling them to have reliable test automation in place
- Design and develop systems based on product requirements or refactorings
- Own Rider backend quality engineering related topics, consult Rider teams on demand, and engage them with testing activities for achieving their quality goals
- Collaborate with team members and external teams in an agile environment, contribute to and live our agile ceremonies
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, apply the best practices to our daily work
Qualifications you should bring:
- Enthusiastic about Java and/or Kotlin, writing good and clean code and relevant experience as software engineer/software development engineer in test
- Familiar with Spring (Boot) or similar frameworks
- Qualified (or eager to learn) about distributed systems
- Skilled about test automation, test design, performance testing
- Experience using Grafana, building dashboards, alerting
- Experience with CI systems like Bamboo / Jenkins
- Familiar with Swagger / OpenAPI Specification (OAS)
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidised gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW
FREE NOW is Europe’s leading multi-mobility platform backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services such as e-scooters, e-bikes, e-vespas as well as car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market). Summed up, those services currently attract 50 million users in 16 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, around 1,900 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.