In the Free Now data science team we are solving key problems related to urban transportation. We are keen on hiring a Data Scientist (m/f) for implementing and maintaining the models and data infrastructure with focus on deploying machine learning-based data products that are integrated into customer facing apps.
The team focuses on the data behind core challenges in mobility markets including demand prediction, surge pricing and other predictive analysis and models required for the upcoming challenges.
- You will identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the prediction of demand and supply in the fast-moving world of urban mobility
- Design and develop high-performance, data-driven systems in a distributed infrastructure to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- Communicate effectively with business end-users to identify pain points, use cases and problem definitions
- Present your work to both internal and external stakeholders as well as at meetups and conferences
- You will work with large, interesting data sets including historical, real time and third party data streams
- You will work closely with stakeholders across Europe from Product, Tech, Business and Marketing Intelligence and Data Engineering Teams
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- At least 2 years experience in working with complex data models
- Your are an effective communicator, a team player and avid learner
- You hold experience in machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Advanced University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline is a plus
- Enthusiasm for geo-spatial data
- Proficient in Python; Scala and other programming languages are a plus
- Experience with SQL, Shell scripting
- Experience with most of the aspects of ML pipelines: data ingestion, data collection, feature engineering, modeling, predicting, explaining, diagnosing
- Fluent Proficiency in Business English
- Your passion about implementing advanced analytics and the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transport, make you a perfect fit
About FREE NOW
FREE NOW is Europe’s leading multi-mobility platform backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services such as e-scooters, e-bikes, e-vespas as well as car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market). Summed up, those services currently attract 50 million users in 16 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, around 1,900 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.