As of now, we are looking for a Platform Developer (Go) (m/f/d) to join our lovely team at FREE NOW. This role can be based anywhere within the EU due to remote work opportunity.
You will be part of the team SRE Platform. We develop tools that support all Engineering teams at FREE NOW, from Frontend over Backend to Data, to deploy and operate their microservices.
Our main focus lies on automating repetitive tasks and we use software development techniques to achieve that. We also maintain critical services, such as the in-house deployment tool or the API Gateway.
- Implement new features that simplify working with the Platform.
- Maintain and enhance tools to deploy and manage services on the Platform.
- Automate repetitive tasks using APIs.
- Plan future projects.
- Keeping up-to-date with new developments in the SRE/DevOps space and trying them out.
- You enjoy writing code in multiple programming languages. Most of the services we develop or operate are written in Go. We also use Python and Kotlin here and there. If you have not used those languages before, but like to learn them, that’s fine with us too.
- You have experience working with APIs of Cloud Computing platforms like AWS, GCE or Azure.
- You have experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
Nice to have
- You have developed applications that interact with the Kubernetes API in the past.
- You know your way around Terraform.
- You are able to analyze failures in distributed systems across multiple services with tools such as HTTP access logs and distributed tracing.
- You enjoy collaborating with Engineering teams to understand how they use our products and what we can improve.
Interested? We would love to meet you! Since this is 2021- all we need from you is your CV and we’ll get back to you.
Diversity and inclusion:At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!Let’s grow together!
We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOWFREE NOW is Europe’s leading multi-mobility platform backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services such as e-scooters, e-bikes, e-vespas as well as car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market). Summed up, those services currently attract 50 million users in 16 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, around 1,900 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.