As of now, we are looking for an Engineering Manager (f/d/m) for our Driver Experience with Passenger squad, inside our Supply vertical.
In the Barcelona Tech Hub, we build Supply products. This encompasses everything from the drivers’ registration, the Android/iOS application for them, and all the customer support and market tools to help our drivers to have the best experience using FREE NOW.
What’s the Driver Experience with Passenger squad about?
As a squad our main focus is the CRO of the critical path to revenue. This means that the core funnel from offer accepted to tour payment is performing seamlessly and with as little drop offs as possible. Because this path is at the center of our service, not only the drivers are affected by it but also the passengers, whose retention is linked to their experience within the ride.
What are the team values?
- Teamplayer mindset
- Intensive collaboration
- Challenging mindset, but always in a nice way: “Hard on the code, concept, idea, issue…Soft on the person”
What will you do?
- Lead your cross-functional team (2 iOS, 2 Android, 2 Backend, 1 QA) and help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths
- Set their goals and motivate them to achieve these
- Be part of an autonomous team, which means you will also work closely with our Product Department to always have a clear vision of your product
- Be responsible for the deliverables of your squad and ensure that they have everything they need to achieve their goals. We expect that you foster autonomy in decision-making in your squad. We want a leader of leaders, not a leader of followers!
- Develop and improve processes and software development techniques together with your squad
- Coach your software engineers and provide them with frequent feedback to ensure they can grow inside our company
- Work closely with the recruiting team not only on attracting but also on retaining and onboarding new team members
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers in order to deliver cross-team efforts and give company-wise input, regarding the Engineering department (career ladders, training, etc.)
So…If you are experienced in team leadership and development. HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!
Am I a good fit for the job? What are the requirements?
- Experience in leading teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Good listener
- Strong tech foundations (Software Engineering, Ops / DevOps, Cloud / Distributed Systems)
- Structured, analytical, with also good foundations on Agile methodologies/working frameworks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience and a strong interest in modern development tools and practices
- Very good English skills
Nice to have: experience with Dual Track Agile
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is Europe’s leading multi-mobility platform backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services such as e-scooters, e-bikes, e-vespas as well as car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market). Summed up, those services currently attract 50 million users in 16 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, around 1,900 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.