As of now, we're looking for a motivated and experienced mobile SDET (m/f/d) for our team in Hamburg. **This role can be based anywhere in Europe due to remote work opportunity.**
- Write automation tests for our mobile apps used by millions of users
- Coach developers to contribute to automation test
- Be in charge of overall test automation activities on Android side (multiple products)
- Schedule feature’s automation based on communication with teams for big launches
- Be accountable for test maintainability, CI stability and performance
- Be responsible for Android projects’ SonarQube maintenance and trend
- Define the quality metrics and also engineering excellence goals
- Monitor crashes and issues, act on them and learn from failures
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, apply the best practices to our daily work
- Align with other platforms to create a great test coverage for our products
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Passionate, proactive, self-motivated individual
- Experience in object-oriented software development
- Thorough knowledge of Android platform
- 3+ years’ experience testing Android mobile app (gray box testing)
- Exposure to development or test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Appium, Calabash, UIAutomator, UI Automation, Robotium, etc…). Ideally hands-on experience with Espresso, that’s our tech stack
- Willingness to work cross-functionally with other teams to make all products and deployments seamless for our customers
- Enthusiasm for your work and for new challenges in a young and successful startup
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Experience in an international company or remote team collaboration is a plus
- Fluent proficiency in English
You are a perfect fit, if you are passionate about software quality and security and if you always wanted to put a highly integrated system to the acid test. You are familiar with terms like unit tests, surface tests, integration tests, regression tests and load tests. You know when good is “good enough” and where to take a closer look.
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, referral program, kudos, and many more!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is Europe’s leading multi-mobility platform backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services such as e-scooters, e-bikes, e-vespas as well as car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market). Summed up, those services currently attract 50 million users in 16 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, around 1,900 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.