You want to be part of the next step in the evolution of FREE NOW into a global player in the ride hailing industry and the establishment of FREE NOW’s role in the future of autonomous vehicle platforms?
We need you as a Platform Engineer (m/f/d), to work on solutions that help grow and maintain our state of the art infrastructure and platform.
Your field of work:
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Coach other engineers with workshops and trainings about the latest developments of the platform
What you should bring:
- Experience designing and building environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
- Strong experience with container orchestration systems like ECS & Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer)
- Efficiency in configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience managing monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with running web services at scale
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to script yourself out of a problem (Bash, Python)
- Networking knowledge and understanding of network theory. Routing, VPN, legacy IP and IPv6
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos, and many more!
About FREE NOW:
The FREE NOW Group is the multi service mobility joint venture from Daimler and BMW. It consists of the services FREE NOW (9 European markets), Beat (5 Latin American markets and 1 European market), Kapten (3 European markets) and hive (3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 41 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. This makes the FREE NOW Group the biggest ride hailing provider in Europe and the fastest-growing in Latin America. In total, more than 2.200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of the FREE NOW Group, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.