As of now, we are looking for a Backend Engineer (m/f/d) for our Supply vertical, in the Barcelona tech hub, where we build supply products. This encompasses everything from the drivers’ registration, the Android/iOS application for them and all the customer support and market tools to help our drivers to have the best experience using FREE NOW.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Own the Feature, Own the Code – feel responsible for what you create. This starts with bringing in your own feature ideas, goes over development, testing and ends in deploying your code and monitoring it
- Design and develop systems based on product requirements or refactorings
- Collaborate with your team members in an agile environment, contribute to and live our agile ceremonies
- Be accountable for all topics above, but work together with the team on them: you care about team work
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, apply the best practices to our daily work
What you should bring:
- Passionate about Java or Kotlin
- Familiarity with the quirks of Spring Boot or similar frameworks
- Experience with automated tests
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Familiar with messaging by using RabbitMQ or Kafka
- High level of creativity, there’s all the freedom to think outside the box
- Be communicative, proactive and always collaborative and enjoy working in a group
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) and hive (e-scooter and e-bikes in 3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.