As of now, we are looking for a Backend Engineer (m/f/d) for our FREE NOW Marketplace in our office in Hamburg.
Do you want to be part of something big and you like working with great people?
The Marketplace at FREE NOW brings people together for all of our products in more than 100 European cities! Drivers and passengers, people on e-scooters and other mobility services!
We ensure smooth, reliable and easy to understand processes, from the initial contact and a clear pricing breakdown to controlled and transparent money flows.
Within one of our engineering teams you will not only make our processes even more convenient and frictionless and improve the customer marketplace experience but also contribute to build a large-scale system:
- From the idea to the design, implementation and A/B testing of new marketplace solutions tailored to our growing business needs
- Creating guidelines, principles and following best practices, to write reliable and trustworthy code
- Rethink existing use-cases and build upon them to improve their performance and user experience
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Design and develop systems based on product requirements or refactorings
- Own the feature, own the code – feel responsible for what you create. This covers
- bringing in your own feature ideas
- high quality software development
- deploying your code to test and live systems
- monitoring the feature
- Collaborate with your team members in an agile environment, contribute to and live our agile ceremonies
- Be accountable for all topics above, but work together with the team on them
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, apply the best practices to our daily work
Qualifications you should bring:
- Passionate about Java and/or Kotlin, writing good and clean code and relevant experience as software engineer
- Familiar with the quirks of Spring(Boot) or similar frameworks
- Experienced (or eager to learn) about distributed systems
- Keen about principles and practices of scalable web applications, such as RESTful API’s, dealing with transactions and resiliency
- High level of creativity, there’s all the freedom to think outside the box
- Degree in computer science or similar
- Fluent proficiency in English
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
The FREE NOW Group is the multi service mobility joint venture from Daimler and BMW. It consists of the services FREE NOW (9 European markets), Beat (5 Latin American markets and 1 European market), Kapten (3 European markets) and hive (3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 41 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. This makes the FREE NOW Group the biggest ride hailing provider in Europe and the fastest-growing in Latin America. In total, more than 2.200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of the FREE NOW Group, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.