We ensure smooth, reliable and easy to understand processes, from the initial contact and a clear pricing breakdown to controlled and transparent money flows.
The Marketplace Mobile Engineering Team is responsible for all aspects of the user interaction in combination with the allocation and dispatch, pricing and payment processes.
Our team is in the early stages. This means you will have a large influence on the team itself while continuing growing it. You have great freedom and flexibility in how you want to organise your team and design the collaboration with other teams, especially the Passenger and Driver app teams, in order to tap into the potential how to improve our customers life from the Marketplace perspective.
So…If you are experienced in team leadership and development. HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!
- Establish your team as part of the Marketplace with deep collaboration to the Passenger and Driver app teams
- Ensure a constant delivery of your team and always push for continual improvement
- Develop processes and software development techniques together with your team
- Coach your software engineers; i.e.: help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths
- Set goals for your software engineers and coach them by providing frequent feedback
- Apply your engineering experience directly, be hands on
- You will work with the recruiting team not only on attracting but also on retaining and onboarding new team members
- Foster autonomy in decisions and processes of your squad
Qualifications you should bring:
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience leading a team
- Being passionate about iOS/Swift or Android/Kotlin/Java and having relevant experience in mobile development
- High level of creativity, there’s all the freedom to think outside the box
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to quickly adopt new technologies and concepts
- Experience with agile processes
- A degree in computer science or similar experience
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) and hive (e-scooter and e-bikes in 3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.