At FREE NOW we revolutionize urban mobility with mobile technology. We are looking for an exceptional iOS Developer (m/f/d) to join our Supply Core squad in our Barcelona Tech Hub. You will work alongside talented engineers to improve our infrastructure and tooling to deliver frictionless engineering and reliable products. This includes mobile release tools, CI/CD infrastructure, product security, and more. If you like to question the status quo, if you enjoy pushing the limits, then join our international team.
In the Barcelona Tech Hub, we build the supply side of our product. This encompasses everything related to the vehicle’s drivers like the drivers’ registration, the Android/iOS application for them, and all the customer support and market tools to help our drivers to have the best experience using FREE NOW.
What’s the Core squad about?
Our vision is “to deliver frictionless engineering and reliable products”.
The Supply Core team’s responsibility is to create and maintain infrastructure and tooling (releases, CI/CD, security, etc) that allow for faster delivery. We also aim to increase the reliability and scalability of the products we ship within the Supply vertical. Our stakeholders are all the Supply squads that deliver the new versions of the iOS application to our customers.
What are the team values?
The Core squad works based on three pillars:
- System Analysis: to identify gaps and inefficiencies in our engineering process so that we can build solutions to improve engineering excellence and velocity;
- Tools and Infrastructure: we build critical tools and infrastructure to help Supply engineers work more effectively and efficiently. This enables us to ship excellent products, faster;
- User-centric: everything we do must focus on the users, our drivers. We improve our security because we want them to be safe. We work on tools because we want our engineers to ship the best product to them. We exist because of them.
What do we value in an iOS Software Engineer?
It means that we:
- write clean code
- use the latest technologies (Swift, Rx, MVVM, Redux)
- love team players that understand that quality is a team responsibility and engage in testing activity to support the Product
- learn from our colleagues (even if they own an Android)
- work on an agile environment
- enjoy the product we build
- value engineers that challenge the status quo. Be it a project/feature, a request from the engineering/product manager, or whatever idea that might not make sense. We like when people go against the “it’s been always like this”
Good code and the ability to learn fast mean a lot to us.
- Do you have a degree in computer science or similar experience?
- Do you have several years of experience in iOS development?
- Do you have a knowledge of UI and unit tests?
First and foremost, we are team players. We depend on each other, and we trust each other.
Especially with our colleagues abroad, communication (read: fluent English) is key.
We value clean code and strive to improve the code base whenever we touch it. Experience with unit-testing (and, ideally, test-driven development) is a big plus.
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative, and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your engineering manager as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer training.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, and kudos. Atop this, we are remote-friendly!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) and hive (e-scooter and e-bikes in 3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.