You want to be part of the next step in the evolution of FREE NOW into a global player in the ride hailing industry and the establishment of FREE NOW’s role in the future of autonomous vehicle platforms?
Data science teams at FREE NOW are solving key problems relating to urban transportation. The teams focus on the data behind core challenges in mobility markets including demand prediction, surge pricing and other forecasting analysis required for the upcoming challenges.
We are keen on hiring a Software Engineer (m/f) in the Data Science team for building machine-learning models, implementing services and help growing the data science infrastructure.
- Design and develop high-performance, data-driven systems in a distributed infrastructure to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- You will work with large, interesting data sets including historical, real time and third party data streams
- Make machine learning models and data pipelines available via low-latency, high performance APIs
- Implement and optimize ML solutions in collaboration with Data Scientists
- You will work closely with the Data Engineering Team to grow the Data Science software infrastructure
- You will build mature CI/CD pipelines, monitor and maintain several production deployments
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- At least 2 years experience in working with complex data models
- Your are an effective communicator, a team player and avid learner
- You hold experience in machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- University degree in Computer Science, Maths, Statistics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline is a plus
- Proficient in Python (or R), (Scala or Rust are a plus)
- Experience with SQL and Shell scripting
- Practical skills in most of the aspects of ML pipelines: data ingestion, data collection, feature engineering, modeling, predicting, explaining, diagnosing
- Experience with the AWS stack is a plus
- Fluent proficiency in Business English
- Your passion about implementing advanced analytics and the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transport, make you a perfect fit
About FREE NOW
FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) and hive (e-scooter and e-bikes in 3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.