As of now we are looking for an Engineering Manager (m/f/d) for the "Activation"-Team.
Activation: Vision is to increase and accelerate usage of our service for new passengers by e.g. “increase active PAS Reduce Time to Quote, Reduce Time to first tour, etc” involving Marketing, Design and Data too - it’s app + backend-driven and has some web-development part on (e.g. service types)
You will lead your crossfunctional team and help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths.
You will also set their goals and motivate them to achieve these.
Being part of an autonomous team, you will also work closely with our Product Department to always have the clear vision of your product.
You will be responsible for the deliverables of your squad and ensure that your squad has everything to achieve all goals.
So…If you are experienced in team leadership and development. HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!
- Lead your x-functional squad with iOS/Android/Backend Engineers
- Ensure a constant delivery of your squad and always push for perfection
- Develop processes and software development techniques together with your squad
- Coach your software engineers; i.e.: help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths
- Set goals for your software engineers and coach them by providing frequent feedback
- You will work closely with the recruiting team not only on attracting but also on retaining and onboarding new team members
- Collaborate with other squad leads
- Foster autonomy in decisions and processes of your squad
- Previous experience leading a team
- Strong people management mindset
- Several years of hands-on coding experience
- Ideally a broad knowledge across different tech stacks
- The ability to quickly adopt new technologies and concepts
- At least a few years of experience working in an agile work environment, especially being passionate about the agile way of working
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication in English
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer trainings.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
The FREE NOW Group is the multi service mobility joint venture from Daimler and BMW. It consists of the services FREE NOW (9 European markets), Beat (5 Latin American markets and 1 European market), Kapten (3 European markets) and hive (3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 41 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. This makes the FREE NOW Group the biggest ride hailing provider in Europe and the fastest-growing in Latin America. In total, more than 2.200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of the FREE NOW Group, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.