Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a Supply Chain Business Manager to help grow the Freenome Supply Chain team. The ideal candidate is a resourceful self starter that thrives in a dynamic environment that will help build systems and processes supporting Supply Chain. You are passionate about contributing to our mission and you will have a significant impact on the continued growth of a high profile technology organization that is changing the landscape on early cancer detection.
The role reports to the Director, Supply Chain.
What you’ll do:
- Find and Develop R&D suppliers to meet Freenome Product Requirements and Specifications
- Create Strategic Supplier Development plans with Milestones and KPIs to ensure successful partnerships
- Negotiate Legal Agreements with key suppliers and partners to build a robust Supply Chain Foundation for long term growth
- Forecast Modeling and Business Continuity Planning for all Materials supporting our Clinical Lab Operations
- Ability to understand and manage multi-level BOMs for Change Management and Revision Controls to reduce impact to business
- Understanding of COGs and Financial Accounting for Materials Management and Planning
- Manage and lead a cross functional team for Supplier Management and Audits for Business Risks and Quality Compliance
- Ability to deliver high quality project deliverables on time and with high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate progress by proactively making decisions and taking action.
- Proven techniques and the ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with Internal Stakeholders and Suppliers.
- Develop Product Development and Manufacturing Roadmaps with CDMOs and CMOs to align with Freenome’s Business Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Business Management or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Supply Chain and/or Commodities Management in the biotech, medical device, pharmaceutical industry
- Experience managing multi-level BOMs
- Proficiency in Google Office Suite/Microsoft Office
- ERP systems. Netsuite Preferred
- Understanding of ISO13485 and GMP MFG/Quality Requirements
- Knowledge of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately
- Knowledge of effective presentation tools and techniques; ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside the organization.
- Experience driving on-time results on projects with moving targets and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Resourceful in finding solutions in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $136,000 - $210,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits dependent on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)