Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting quarterly audits, close processes, and clinical trial accruals. Additionally, this position will process payroll, benefit, and stock-based compensation (SBC) journal entries. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, experience supporting audits, and the ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders. As an integral member of the Accounting team, this position will have a significant impact on the continued growth of a high-profile technology organization that is changing the landscape on early cancer detection.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in quarterly and year-end audits, including gathering support documentation and partnering with the audit team
- Partner with cross-functional teams to track, maintain, and post clinical trial accruals
- Process accurate and timely payroll and employee benefit journal entries
- Assist in establishing compliance related to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Participate in close activities, including preparing journal entries, financial statements, and reconciliations, while ensuring transactions are recorded timely and accurately
- Manage monthly stock-based compensation and post journal entries
- Maintain and update accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- At least 5 years of accounting experience, including at least 2 years of audit experience
- NetSuite experience required
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate in a team environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salaryfor new hires is $106,250 - $165,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits dependent on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)