Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease.
To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
To fight the war on cancer, Freenome has raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including a16z, GV (formerly Google Ventures), T. Rowe Price, BainCapital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
Are you ready for the fight? A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrive in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career. Freenomers are determined, patient-centric, and outcomes-driven. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. We are dedicated to advancing healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
Are you a tech-savvy problem solver who thrives on helping others? If so, this position may be for you! The Lab Systems Administrator will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation and day-to-day administration of our lab IT system and network. The ideal candidate will have systems administration, storage, networking and security skills. This individual will build and maintain highly-resilient, secure and scalable IT solutions for our fast-growing labs. As the primary administrator and escalation point for our lab systems, this person must possess strong technical and communication skills with the ability to anticipate, triage and resolve problems quickly, maintain impeccable systems uptime and deliver measurable IT value to the business. This opportunity is suited to proactive and detail-oriented IT professionals with a broad set of technology skills and experience. If your experience is a fit, then don't miss out on joining us at Freenome where we're revolutionizing early cancer detection through advanced technology products and services. The role reports to the Director, Information Technology.
What you’ll do:
- Design, maintain and troubleshoot hardware/software solutions to support our labs which develop and conduct groundbreaking diagnostic tests for cancer
- Manage MDM (Manage Engine) solution
- Install and manage lab related software and licenses
- Deploy and manage Windows machines
- Manage and maintain enterprise storage (Netapp and Synology)
- Collaborate with Network and System Administrator to develop and maintain solutions in a regulated environment
- Provide primary support for lab IT infrastructure and systems issues/requests, and ensure all IT incidents and requests are prioritized and resolved in a timely and professional manner within SLA guidelines
- Provide 2nd level support for IT desktop, peripheral, mobile, printing, network and application issues/requests
- Install and maintain systems firmware, software and patches/utilities on lab machines. Schedule after-hours maintenance and engage vendors for support and warranty repairs as appropriate
- Plan, communicate, and deploy changes to IT infrastructure per standard change management process and scheduled maintenance windows. Coordinate IT change and maintenance activities with business stakeholders
- Create and maintain standard IT policies, procedures, and user guides for lab environment
- Follow established IT policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain and enforce security across all lab systems and applications from core to edge
- Maintain IT infrastructure and network diagrams, asset/equipment inventory and IT change/incident logs for the lab
- Support IT audits and conduct IT systems/network vulnerability scanning, patching and hardening
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on IT support and troubleshooting in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience in server, storage, network deployment, configuration and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of network management and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of experience with Windows 10/11, Windows server DAS/NAS/SAN,Google workspace, GCP
- Strong knowledge with industry current computing hardware and peripherals
- Strong knowledge of security access controls, policies, groups, rights, and permissions
- Experience in security, incident investigation and remediation
- Familiarity with IT GRC (BCDR, ITSM/ITIL, SOX, ISO, PCI, HIPAA, GMP, GDPR, FDA 21 CFR Part 11)
- Ability to document and explain complex technical solutions to management and other non-technical staff
- Strong customer service and time management skills, with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work weekends and after hours for IT projects/maintenance (on occasion)
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS/CIS, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Industry certifications such as ITIL, CCNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Cloud+, Security+ preferred
- Experience in diagnostic labs is a plus
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $102,000 - $155,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits dependent on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)