Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease.
To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
To fight the war on cancer, Freenome has raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including a16z, GV (formerly Google Ventures), T. Rowe Price, BainCapital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
Are you ready for the fight? A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrive in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career. Freenomers are determined, patient-centric, and outcomes-driven. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. We are dedicated to advancing healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, our goal is to improve patient outcomes by pioneering the next-generation of blood tests for early and accurate disease detection using our combined multi-omics and machine learning platform. As a Senior Manager in Molecular Development, you will lead a team of managers, development scientists and associates responsible for designing, planning, and conducting development studies and Analytical Verification Studies for clinical-grade assays to measure complex, blood-based analytes while working cross-functionally with the Regulatory, Quality , Clinical, and Engineering teams.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and oversee a technical team of managers, development scientists and associates to populate the product pipeline by developing, optimizing, verifying and validating multi-analyte diagnostics assays.
- Collaborate with the IVD team and clinical laboratory members to lead Development studies and Analytical Verification study execution.
- Establish milestones and maintain timelines in working with other adjacent functions including Regulatory, Quality, Automation and Computational Science to execute on cross-functional projects.
- Partner with scientific leaders and executives at Freenome to develop a scientific roadmap and product development strategy.
- Develop and manage a high performance team to support Freenome’s mission
- PhD (or equivalent industry experience) in molecular biology, genetics, or a related field
- 6+ years post-PhD experience in genomics
- 3+ years leading teams of development scientists in industry
- Ability to forge and lead strong, interdisciplinary teams that perform exceptionally under tight timelines and demonstrate accountability
- Late-stage development building an RUO, LDT, CLIA or IVD molecular diagnostics product
- Deep technical grasp of molecular biology
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong communications skills and ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
Nice to haves:
- NGS assay development experience
- IVD experience
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary/hourly rate for new hires is $157,250 - $240,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits dependent on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)