IT SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
Freeform is a stealth mode metal 3D printing startup founded on the belief that transforming the way things are made is essential to making the world a better place. Our advanced technology stack lies at the intersection of hardware, software, and data science, creating the foundation for the world’s first fully autonomous and scalable manufacturing system. Our core team hails from several of the world’s most innovative companies such as SpaceX, Hyperloop, and Blue Origin, and we have secured significant funding from several of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital firms.
We are looking for an IT Service Desk Technician to join our team who is passionate about technology and excited about building scalable solutions. You will be responsible for providing technical assistance with computer systems, hardware, and software via in-person support, email, chat, or phone queries to all levels of the organization, including engineering and executive leadership.
To be successful in this role, you need to be well-versed in all aspects of Microsoft Office computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance. You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be excited to work in a fast-paced, technically challenging start-up environment.
- Respond to service requests in person, on the phone, via email or through remote access.
- Set up accounts for new users and provide basic end-user training for IT-supported systems.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, networks, printers and scanners.
- Assist in supporting computer hardware components, operating systems, and installed application software (Windows 10/11, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Document, track and monitor all problems so that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog software, configurations and frequently asked questions.
- Keep an inventory of all equipment, software and license users.
- Follow-up with staff to ensure issues are resolved.
- 1+ years of professional IT support experience.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware and software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 environments.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer information systems.
- 3+ years of professional IT support experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Excellent knowledge of OSI networking model.
- Experience writing scripts in Python, Bash, PowerShell, or any high-level language.
- Experience with SSO (SAML/OAuth) on Azure AD.
- Proficient with Atlassian software suite: Confluence, Jira, and Service Desk.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
- An openness to learning new technologies.
- Customer-oriented and patient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We are located in Hawthorne in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of LA’s vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth start-ups and enterprises.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes significant equity in the company, as well as a full suite of additional benefits including premium health care (medical, dental, and vision) and life insurance, generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for birthing parent, 401K, and PTO.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, flexible work hours, a fully stocked kitchenette, free parking, daily paid for lunches, and regular catered team building events.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin / ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.