Freeform is a stealth mode metal 3D printing startup founded on the belief that transforming the way things are made is essential to making the world a better place. Our advanced technology stack lies at the intersection of hardware, software, and data science, creating the foundation for the world’s first fully autonomous and scalable manufacturing system. Our core team hails from several of the world’s most innovative companies such as SpaceX, Virgin Hyperloop, and Blue Origin, and we have secured significant funding from several of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital firms.
As a CNC Programmer, you will work directly with engineering to develop in-house machining capabilities to build critical parts for our advanced metal 3D printing systems. You will be responsible for programming, setting up, and running Haas CNC machines as well as improving overall machine shop operations. This is a high impact opportunity for someone who thrives in an innovative development environment and wants to be on the cutting edge of manufacturing systems.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative individuals who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Program Haas CNC 3 axis machines.
- Set-up, run, and operate programs on CNC machines for complex parts.
- Complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings and/or schematics under tight tolerances.
- Manually inspect parts using tools such as micrometers, thread gauges, and indicators.
- Perform machine preventative maintenance and manage cutting fluid.
- Improve machine shop operations and fabrication processes.
- 5+ years of experience in programming, setting up, and operating CNC 3 axis mills.
- Experience with MasterCAM or NX programming.
- Experience in a precision machining environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- NTMA machinist certification.
- Experience with 5 axis programming.
- Skilled with manual machining, welding, cutting, fitting and/or bending of stainless steels, aluminums, and high-strength nickel alloys.
- Experience managing machine shop operations.
- Ability to utilize power tools, hand tools, cranes, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- We are located in Hawthorne in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of LA’s vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes significant equity in the company, as well as a full suite of additional benefits including premium health care (medical, dental, and vision) and life insurance, generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for birthing parent, 401K, and PTO.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, flexible work hours, a fully stocked kitchenette, free parking, daily paid for lunches, and regular catered team building events.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.