Freeda’s ambition is to be the #1 media brand for the new generation. We create engaging content for social media, which is tried and tested for GenZ & Millennial women, and we reach up to 80 million of them each month.
Our community consume, share, comment and create content with us everyday. We make stories about amazing people who are changing the world.
We operate as a venture-backed startup with strong engineers and marketing teams. This operating model gives us an edge traditional media companies simply can't match; and we create much of the most compelling and authentic content on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & LinkedIn across all our markets.
As our People Partner, you will play a crucial role in driving the people agenda from global strategy to execution in the UK. You will be responsible for executing key people activities such as recruitment, employee engagement, and development as well as driving a strong values-based culture through the implementation of people processes & support.
This role will work closely with leadership teams to ensure that people strategy in the UK meets business needs and creates an effective organization, driven by people who feel strongly engaged in the values, culture, and aspirations of Freeda.
This role will manage the local people priorities for FREEDA
- Lead the people agenda in shaping the Freeda UK team, going through a dynamic growth trajectory.
- In a newly formed team going through lots of change, establishing a culture which creates the right conditions and environment for people to support in delivering on our ambitions is key.
- As part of the local Management Team - you will serve as a business partner & coach to further the evolution of the growth & culture of Freeda and build capabilities at managerial level.
- Manage the people function for the UK as a true generalist, excited to work on all elements operationally (Focus areas in Recruitment, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits and Learning & development).
- Develop solutions, improve processes and implement new policies in partnership with the Chief People Officer and business stakeholders to address priority business needs.
- Resolve employee relations issues, and support and advise managers on HR related issues & policies. Always be ahead of the curve with new legal changes to ensure Freeda remains compliant
- Champion D&I initiatives at Freeda, leading specific initiatives and projects to ensure we continue to be inclusive in all of our decision making
- Act as a true champion of our company values and use them to influence decision making. Never afraid to challenge when necessary.
As the People Partner you will have:
- A background as an HR Advisor/Jnr Business Partner, within experience in a start-up/small creative or media agency and looking for the next step
- Experience working with a wide variety of teams
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude, and confident working with stakeholders on all levels
- Experience implementing people programs including performance coaching, employee relations, compensation review process, HR compliance, and employee development/growth.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to influence across diverse groups and levels.
- Feel at home in a fast-paced and demanding startup environment, that develops and changes quickly every day
- Be able to take on ownership and act autonomously, but work effectively with the entire HR team leveraging your collaborative strengths
- Be used to stepping towards situations with a growth mindset to take on tasks outside of usual HR such as office management, Equipment etc
- An understanding of commercial strategy