Freeda’s ambition is to be the #1 media brand for the new generation. We create engaging content for social media, which is tried and tested for GenZ & Millennial women, and we reach up to 80 million of them each month.
Our community consume, share, comment and create content with us everyday. We make stories about amazing people who are changing the world.
We operate as a venture-backed startup with strong engineers and marketing teams. This operating model gives us an edge traditional media companies simply can't match; and we create much of the most compelling and authentic content on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & LinkedIn across all our markets.
As our Accountant you will support the day to day running of the finance function and support the considerable opportunities as the the Company seeks to expand and grow. What you'll be doing;
- Leading the accounts payable function, including processing invoices, preparing bank payments and being the main point of contact for all suppliers.
- Processing employee expense claims, ensuring compliance with Company policy and being the main point of contact for employees in relation to this.
- Management of prepaid Company Soldo cards, ensuring all transactions are properly supported and processed into the accounting system.
- Maintenance of supplier master list and management of recurring operational expenses, e.g. office costs, utility bills, employee mobile phone spend etc.
- Leading the accounts receivable function, including issuing invoices and ensuring correct revenue recognition, applying cash receipts and being the main finance point of contact for all customers.
- Follow up of overdue sales invoices with customers to ensure timely receipt of cash.
- Assisting the Head of Finance in ensuring all sales contracts and legal documents are correctly in place.
- Assisting the Head of Finance in managing the invoice financing process.
- Preparation of standard accounting entries as part of the month end close process, e.g. accruals and prepayments for operational expenses, departmental expense allocations etc.
- Preparation of cash book entries (payments, receipts and FX differences).
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register and monthly depreciation process.
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts as part of the month end close process including all accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
- Assisting the Head of Finance with budgeting and re-forecasting of operational expenses as well as variance analysis and explanations for actuals vs budget.
- Preparation of departmental expense reports and communication with various departments relating to their monthly expenditure.
- Assisting the Head of Finance with regulatory reporting and filing requirements including the annual audit process and financial statements preparation.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns via the Making Tax Digital for VAT interface.
- Responsible for all Office for National Statistics reporting.
- Other ad hoc projects and analysis. There will be considerable scope and opportunity for this, supporting the Company as it seeks to expand and grow.
As the Accountant you will have:
- Curiosity, you like to understand what is happening and why and if it can be done better.
- Resourcefulness, you like problem solving.
- Collaboration, you are exceptional at working and communicating with a wider team.
- Reliability, you can deliver work on deadline.
- Organisation, you are well organised and have a fierce attention to detail.
- Embracing change, you can adapt in a fast paced, changing environment.
- A keen interest in all aspects of accounting and finance.
- Relevant work experience in an accounting or finance related capacity.