We are looking for an engineer with Go experience to join a new cross-functional team. The Datacore team builds machine learning and data products for internal users. For example, one of our current projects is migrating all teams’ data-related processes and tools away from Postgres to use our Presto/Parquet-based data lake. Future projects include things like building an integrated simulation environment to help us fully automate releases. If you’re an experienced developer and enjoy a challenge, join us!
- 5 years of coding experience
- Solid experience in Go, and the ability to write it idiomatically
- Experience building backend services and APIs in Go
- Worked with databases such as PostgreSQL or similar
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to containerized environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Airflow, Presto, or similar ETL and big data tools is a big plus
- Experience with Kafka or other message queues
- You’ve built something from scratch in the past
- Good knowledge of SQL
If you are not sure about applying due to the requirements and don't quite meet every single point on the job description, please apply either way.
Current and prospective projects we're working on:
- Converting machine learning projects to production services
- Scaling a Kubernetes and Kafka based batch processing system for simulating the analytical performance of our models and classifiers.
- A S3-based data lake queried using AWS Athena ( we wrote our own Parquet library which you can find on GitHub: Parquet library )
- Building out our CI/CD system for machine learning
- Performance analysis and optimization of models
What we offer:
- Ability to work remote in a time zone close to our HQ in Berlin [+/- 2 hours]
- The chance to join a growing team of industry experts with plenty of room to leave your mark
- The opportunity to strongly impact company strategy and growth
- Creative, diverse, fun and focused teams committed to learning and problem-solving through collaboration.
- A safe and open space to follow your individual growth objectives & openly share mistakes and “lessons learned” with each other,
- Fun, creative and focused teams committed to learning and problem solving through collaboration
- Family friendly, flexible home office policy and working hours
- Time every week to hack on projects of your choosing, take premium online courses, or take funded german courses (A1, A2, B1, B2)
- Free gym in the office building, daily fruit baskets, drinks, and snacks
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Flexible working hours, remote-work opportunities as well as full support for family/private situations through flexible parental & compassionate leave policies
- A standing invitation to initiate and participate in activities to shape and push the boundaries of our workplace culture.
- Regular feedback workshops and monthly events on topics related to Diversity & Belonging
Fraugster’s purpose is to reduce the spiralling levels of online fraud, estimated to reach $1 Trillion by the end of 2021. Our mission is to protect companies selling online, and intelligently manage the impacts of fraud on their business and their customers. We do this by using advanced AI to spot patterns of fraudulent behaviour, and stop them. The combination of our expertise and technology makes us one of the most accurate solutions in the market, and our ambition is to set a new standard of online trust, globally. Our customers are some of the worlds largest payment companies and most renowned brands in e-commerce, and we have the backing of Europe's premier tech funds (Speedinvest, CommerzVentures, Munich Re Ventures and Earlybird). We are a very diverse bunch of technologists and problem solvers from over 25 countries across the globe. Our culture is defined by intellectual curiosity, teamwork and a passion for solving complex problems. If this sounds like an environment you would like to be part of, we would love to hear from you.
At Fraugster we live and work by the principle of diversity, inclusion and belonging. Our product was built by people from all over the world and we continue to uphold the value of a diverse workforce. We believe in success achieved by people of all backgrounds, identity, gender and nationalities. We are a family friendly company that supports employees in their individual life circumstances. The importance we place on employee mental health and wellbeing can be read here.
Upon clicking "Send", you will submit your contact details and CV. For more information on how Fraugster processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.