At FrankieOne, we believe verification and onboarding should be fast, frictionless, and flexible. We’re a trusted global identity and fraud detection engine that is passionate about protecting our customers and minimising their exposure to risk with a trusted experience that scales. We get up in the morning to help companies change the way they serve their people by complying with regulations, detecting fraud and verifying their end users. Our culture is what makes Frankie a great place to work. When you join the FrankieOne team, you’re joining an energetic and passionate group of people who love nothing more than solving problems and dreaming big in the process.
We are looking for a Front-end Engineering Lead. A leader within the team, you are both a technical SME and a leader. You are happy to get 'on the tools' bringing your experience of building scalable and maintainable front-end architecture as we evolve our technology. Mentor those you manage and those in your squad to improve.
In this role you will report to the VP of Engineering, Lawrence who has significant front-end experience and relates to the challenges that front-end engineers face.
Your ticket to success:
- Inspire others. You take great pride in your work and inspire others to do the same. You can manage design, seeking the team's input and celebrate your shared success. You mentor junior members of the team, peer-reviewing their work and supporting their development by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Design with quality.. You can take a step back from the details and want to understand the bigger picture, and lead appropriate architecture and technology choices. The quality of your work is at the highest level and you're able to review others work to ensure it is of the same calibre.
- Collaborate. You are an active participant in our regular scrum rituals. You communicate well and are able to work harmoniously alongside both product, other engineers, and QA - identifying areas for automation and supporting testing when required.
- Be proactive. Your input and innovation is important to ensure continuous improvement. You proactively identify areas that need modifying / could be improved across the service and technology stack and drive improvements.
- Be an advocate. For Frankie, for our product, and for our values.
In a previous life you have:
- Experience of managing / coaching teams of engineers and / or squads
- 4+ years experience in software engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Minimum of 1 year working with Typescript
- At least 2 years building consumer-facing services in reactive JS frameworks such as Vue or React (we use Vue and starting to use React and React Native)
- Developed a deep understanding of HTML5, ES6, CSS3/Sass and other front-end technologies
- Built solid experience in using testing frameworks like Jest or Cypress.
- Developed an understanding of responsive design concepts
- Experience in designing, building, and consuming RESTful APIs with JSON payloads(Ideally)
- Experience with back-end oriented languages, such as Golang, Java or other JVM based language
- Exposure to DevOps practices
- Used Docker to containerise your work
- Exposure to working with CI/CD pipelines.
Our benefits & ways of working
This role is ideally based in Manila, in the Philippines where we are building a hub. While mostly remote (for now), we provide learning opportunities, virtual trivia, run competitions, and wellbeing initiatives - all of which are a very important part of the Frankie way.
As an early-stage company, you’ll witness the company growing in size and value because of your direct impact. We also want you to see the upside in the value you bring and hence offer an attractive compensation package.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success here at FrankieOne. We welcome and value all religions, national origins, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, marital status, age profiles, and those with specific needs. Please reach out if you would like support throughout the recruitment or onboarding process.
Our benefits & ways of working
- Pick your own tech. We want you to be comfortable with your technology. That's why every employee is given an allowance to purchase the technology they want. Team PC or Team Mac, we won't judge!
- Ongoing Development Opportunities. We pride ourselves on our culture of continuous development and learning.
- Hybrid Working: At a minimum we come together on Wednesdays and Fridays so we can maintain our vibrant office culture. Part of the Stone & Chalk startup ecosystem, our offices come with a LOT of perks and community events including weekly breakfast, fortnightly 'Chalk Chills' drinks and 'Sweet Spot'.
- Enhanced Parental Leave. We offer up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary (with the option to swap in if needed).
- Team Building & Social Events. Trivia or board game fan? We have you covered. We run regular team building and social events to maximise collaboration across teams.
- MERCH: On starting, you will receive a coveted Frankie hoody and t-shirt.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success here at FrankieOne. We welcome and value all religions, national origins, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, marital status, age profiles, and those with specific needs. We are also aware that women and other marginalised people may only apply if they tick every box. However, even if you don't meet every single point on our job description, as long as you meet any essential criteria, and are motivated and curious to learn then please get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and take it from there!