At FrankieOne, we believe verification and onboarding should be fast, frictionless, and flexible. We’re a trusted global identity and fraud detection engine that is passionate about protecting our customers and minimising their exposure to risk with a trusted experience that scales. We get up in the morning to help companies change the way they serve their people by complying with regulations, detecting fraud and verifying their end users. Our culture is what makes Frankie a great place to work. When you join the FrankieOne team, you’re joining an energetic and passionate group of people who love nothing more than solving problems and dreaming big in the process.
You are a problem solver who is ready for their next challenge to make the FrankieOne experience the best it can be. You seek to proactively find the right problems to tackle, exploring solutions and creating simple, elegant designs. As a collaborator, you share your work and knowledge with your fellow Frankies to ensure we deliver high-quality, fit-for-purpose products.
Your ticket to success:
Know your craft. You apply human-centred design to various projects that improve the experience of our products, services and environments. You:
- Will be working end-to-end on projects: from finding the right problem to tackle, to researching, exploring solutions and refining them into simple, elegant designs.
- Conduct research and synthesise findings into actionable outcomes. You will analyse relevant considerations such as user needs, product strategy and roadmaps, technical environment and constraints.
- Collaborate with our engineers and product managers to ship great designs.
- Create lo-fi wireframes, prototypes, journey maps and hi-fi designs
Continuous improvement. You use customer insights and data to define and prioritise opportunity areas and translate them into concepts.
- Create and test interactive prototypes.
- Design and run experiments to validate product and interaction hypotheses.
- Create effective handover materials which clearly communicate how the design should look and behave throughout interaction flows and journeys (e.g. User flow diagrams, design specifications, experience/interaction specifications, etc).
- You test ideas, share challenges and seek feedback
Collaborate. You’ll partner with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout FrankieOne. You work with the product team to understand the vision for our customer experience and ensuring quality in your design execution. You will present, share and take stakeholders on the journey of how you came to the design solution.
Be an advocate. For FrankieOne, for the product, for our users and for our values.
As a designer, you have
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in UX design.
- Experience in Service design and working in Startups would be a bonus.
- Experience designing human-centred solutions.
- Experience working in a remote environment and agile methodologies.
- An understanding of visual design methodologies and fundamentals: layout, typography, visual hierarchy, imagery, and colour theory.
- Solved customers' problems through design.
- Experience using and contributing to a design system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value.
- Built skills across the end-to-end design process from uncovering customer needs to executing elegant interfaces.
- Proficiency in design tools like Figma, prototyping and collaboration tools such as Miro
This role is ideally based in Manila, in the Philippines where we are building a hub. While mostly remote (for now), we provide learning opportunities, virtual trivia, run competitions, and well-being initiatives - all of which are a very important part of the Frankie way.
As an early-stage company, you’ll witness the company growing in size and value because of your direct impact. We also want you to see the upside in the value you bring and hence offer an attractive compensation package.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success here at FrankieOne. We welcome and value all religions, national origins, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, marital status, age profiles, and those with specific needs. Please reach out if you would like support throughout the recruitment or onboarding process.
Our benefits & ways of working
- Pick your own tech. We want you to be comfortable with your technology. That's why every employee is given an allowance to purchase the technology they want. Team PC or Team Mac, we won't judge!
- Ongoing Development Opportunities. We pride ourselves on our culture of continuous development and learning.
- Hybrid Working: At a minimum we come together on Wednesdays and Fridays so we can maintain our vibrant office culture. Part of the Stone & Chalk startup ecosystem, our offices come with a LOT of perks and community events including weekly breakfast, fortnightly 'Chalk Chills' drinks and 'Sweet Spot'.
- Enhanced Parental Leave. We offer up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary (with the option to swap in if needed).
- Team Building & Social Events. Trivia or board game fan? We have you covered. We run regular team building and social events to maximise collaboration across teams.
- MERCH: On starting, you will receive a coveted Frankie hoody and t-shirt.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success here at FrankieOne. We welcome and value all religions, national origins, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, marital status, age profiles, and those with specific needs. We are also aware that women and other marginalised people may only apply if they tick every box. However, even if you don't meet every single point on our job description, as long as you meet any essential criteria, and are motivated and curious to learn then please get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and take it from there!