Reports to: Sr. Corporate Controller
We are seeking a highly motivated Accounting Manager who possesses a remarkable sense of ownership and an unwavering commitment to meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will exhibit a proactive approach to their responsibilities, taking full ownership of their tasks and demonstrating a high level of accountability. As an Accounting Manager, you will play a pivotal role in a multitude of accounting activities such as general ledger maintenance, accounts payable oversight, financial reporting and year-end audits. You are expected to develop and apply the Company’s accounting policies and make sound judgments relating to expense accruals, prepaid and fixed assets capitalization. Additionally, s/he participates in process improvement projects and assists with ad hoc projects.
- Manage all aspects of the company's financial accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- Oversee the month-end and year-end close processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Oversee accounts payable processes, ensuring timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments.
- Oversee accounts receivable processes, ensuring timely issuance of invoices and collections.
- Perform monthly financial analysis, including variance analysis and trend analysis to provide management with business insight.
- Lead annual financial audits and quarterly financial reviews by working with external auditors.
- Ensure state and local tax compliance by monitoring and making required filings on a timely basis.
- Assist in the design, implementation and execution of internal controls.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior accounting staff as needed.
- Assist with system implementations and other ad hoc project initiatives.
- Perform all activities in compliance with applicable regulations, Fractyl’s policies and guidelines, including, but not limited to, timely documentation of activities and maintaining all required applicable training.
- Bring a “can do” spirit to work and deliver on other responsibilities as assigned.
Education or Certification Requirements
- BS in Accounting or related disciplines required; higher education and CPA
Professional Work Experience
- 4-7 years of related experience required.
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- System implementation experience preferred.
- Applicable experience in biotech, pharmaceutical and/or medical device industries preferred.
- Prior vocational experience in related fields a plus (i.e. Co-Ops, Internships, Fellowships, etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with accrual based accounting and general understanding of US GAAP.
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., MS Office Suite); Experience with MS D365 preferred.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility.
Other Essentials and Key Success Factors
- Successful track record of working in high-growth and dynamic organizations.
- Demonstrated record of intellectual curiosity, innovation and creative problem solving with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to lead fast-paced projects with a keen sense of urgency to get the job done well.
- Proven and successful track record as a team-player and collaborator in small working environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a passion to deliver quality results.
- Prioritize tasks effectively, managing multiple assignments simultaneously, and consistently delivering high-quality results within established timeframes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization.
- Highest level of professionalism, confidence, personal values and ethical standards.
- This position requires 0% travel.
The description and requirements outlined above are general; additional requirements may apply.