Fractal Analytics is a strategic AI partner to Fortune 500 companies with a vision to power every human decision in the enterprise. Fractal is building a world where individual choices, freedom, and diversity are the greatest assets; an ecosystem where human imagination is at the heart of every decision. Where no possibility is written off, only challenged to get better. We believe that a true Fractalite is the one who empowers imagination with intelligence. Fractal has been featured as a Great Place to Work by The Economic Times in partnership with the Great Place to Work® Institute and recognized as a ‘Cool Vendor’ and a ‘Vendor to Watch’ by Gartner.
As a Principal Consultant, you are passionate about data and technology solutions, are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in modern data solutions including data ingestion/data pipeline frameworks, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development life cycle.
In this role, you will:
- Understand customers’ overall Data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Lead, define and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases.
- Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, ETL developers & engineers, data scientists and information designers to lead identification and definition of required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities.
- Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modeling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Be instrumental in growing and mentoring a pool of talented Data Transformation practitioners, participate in and drive sales opportunities, and display eminence in modern data architectures across the organization.
- Provide thought leadership and new perspectives on how to leverage cloud services and capabilities.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years’ experience in data technologies
- 8+ years’ experience leading engagements from design to implementation of creative data solutions, leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, supporting on-premise, cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and hybrid architectures to enable use cases in analytics and AI.
- 6+ years’ experience architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads.
- 3+ years’ experience with analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, business case development and effort estimation of disruptor-based analytics.
- At least 2 full life cycle data solution implementations in a client facing (consulting) environment.
- Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders
- Experience with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects.
- Demonstrated experience with
- business development, including develop/maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- managing implementation engagements end-to-end including lead planning & budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solution from top management to all levels; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics, issues and risks.
- developing and growing talent, including mentorship; provide guidance to the resource allocation process; actively participate in recruiting and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in STEM areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or equivalent work experience.
- TOGAF certification is an asset, as well as certifications in data engineering and development from AWS, Azure, GCP and/or Hadoop distributions
- Subject matter data expertise in Financial Services (Banking, Insurance), Consumer Products (Retail), Life Sciences (Healthcare), Telecom, Media and Technology.
- Experience with implementation of data security, encryption, GDPR, identity and access management across sources and environments
- Knowledge of software configuration management environments and tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.