The Core Services team is hiring a software engineer to work on the tools that help us collect, process, and analyze data from our fleet of self-driving robots to further improve their performance. (Each forklift generates gigabytes of data per hour!) Your code will support not only the engineering organization, but the technicians and operations team members who configure, test, and support our forklifts too.
You’ll be part of an agile team and involved in the entire software development lifecycle, from design through deployment. Ideally, you’ll have worked in Python, Typescript, or a similar language before. The team is responsible for a variety of software components, including front-end web tools, REST services, and big data pipelines running in the cloud. We don’t expect you to have prior experience in all of these areas: if you’re willing to learn, you’ll be able to pick things up!
Example projects you may work on:
- Improving a web tool (React on the front end, Django on the back end) used by our labeling team to annotate the images used to train our machine learning models
- Designing and implementing REST APIs to efficiently serve historical log data collected from our robots to various internal users
- Building data pipelines (Ray jobs running in Google Cloud) to process and analyze log data as it is uploaded from our robots
As an ideal candidate, you:
- Are pragmatic, kind, and eager to learn.
- Strive to do your best work, even if you don’t have prior robotics experience.
- Communicate effectively with remote employees, as well as those in the office. (We offer a flexible work-from-home policy.)
- Value sustainable development practices and aim to leave code in a better state than you found it.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Hybrid in-person and remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information about working at Fox Robotics, please visit foxrobotics.com/careers/.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.