As an engineering manager at Fox Robotics, you will be responsible for recruiting and managing a team of world-class engineers to build the intelligence behind a self-driving forklift. You will be a hands-on leader who will lead by example. You will be a thought leader, a supportive and thoughtful people manager, an advocate of best practices, and a direct technical contributor.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and achievement
- Manage systems to ensure the team interfaces effectively with the rest of the company and works toward common goals, especially product teams and other engineering teams
- Recruit, coach and develop top-tier engineering talent
- Work closely with the Fox Robotics leadership team to maintain a high quality and consistent product
- Work with software leadership and fellow managers to constantly improve our CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Occasional travel to customer sites
Managerial and Leadership Qualities:
- Collaborative, problem-solving nature
- Ability to roll with changing requirements, emerging feature sets, and interface requirements with other teams
- Passion for:
- Good documentation
- Repeatable processes
- Supportable code
- Configurable environments
- MS or PhD in computer science, robotics, or a related field
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
- At least 3 years experience managing high performing software engineering teams
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience with best practices for source code control, code review, and CI/CD
- Strong technical skills in planning, perception, computer vision, or related robotics disciplines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, uncertain environment with changing requirements and emerging feature sets
- Experience with mobile robotics
- Experience with logistics and warehousing
- Experience with Jira for project and workflow management
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Hybrid in-person and remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information about working at Fox Robotics, please visit foxrobotics.com/careers/.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.