As a member of Fox Robotics’ testing operations team, you will set the standard for safe and scalable processes for the testing of robots in our warehouse environment. We are looking for a strong communicator who has a drive for constant improvement. The Robot Testing Operator role is always growing and evolving in order to fit the needs of our team.
This is a full-time position that will be based at our Austin, TX headquarters. Exceptional candidates will be considered for senior or lead testing operations roles in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Operating automated forklifts in our warehouse testing environment.
- Configuring simple environments.
- Troubleshooting basic software and hardware issues.
- Effectively assisting with testing operations.
- Communicating professionally with the Deployment Operations Technicians and Engineering team during local testing operations.
- Communicating with Customers as part of Tier 1 support strategy.
- Occasionally traveling to customer locations as part of growth track towards Deployment Operations Technician.
- Testing Tech Ops will be responsible for Tier 1 service for customers. As a testing tech, you will be the Fox representative that a customer will call to troubleshoot issues on their site
- At this time, customer service hours are from 7am - 11pm CST, with the team rotating through 8 and 10-hour shifts
- Basic maintenance on the robot / forklift
- Perform maintenance duties as required
- Monitor forklifts to determine when preventative maintenance is required for the forklifts
- Talk to customers over the phone regarding maintenance
- Required to become certified Fox Robotics forklift operator after being hired
- Responsible for training new Fox robotics employees on the robots
- Assist engineers with testing and running the robots
- Load Trailers
- Re-palletize testing loads
- Document and report information required for engineers
What you’ll need:
- Effective communication skills, both customer-facing and internal-facing
- The ability to quickly learn new software
- A willingness to occasionally work different shift hours, including early mornings, nights, and potentially weekends – your schedule may shift as needs change over time
- A valid driver license
- Clean driving record (no points on your license)
- An ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Openness to working nights or weekend shifts
Bonus points for:
- Tech startup experience
- Familiarity with automation and mobile robots
- Familiarity with warehousing and logistics
- Field service experience
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience troubleshooting common software and hardware issues
- Commercial Driver License - Class A or Class B
- Basic mechanical repair knowledge (changing fuses, brake pads, etc…)
What’s in it for you:
- Work with robots every day
- Experience career growth inside a rapidly growing startup
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including fully-paid health care and Three week PTO
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay - $25 per hour
- Stock options
- Three weeks vacation
- Unlimited sick time
- Fully-covered healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.
With runway to go the distance, join our mission-driven team as we grow our customer-facing deployment operations team.