In this role, you will be driving a cross functional team of engineers towards a common goal of product release to manufacturing operations. The primary goal of this role will be to develop milestones, schedule the timelines, and report progress KPIs necessary to produce new designs of autonomous vehicles for Fox Robotics. In addition to having exceptional people and project management skills, a strong technical background and a history of high achievement is required. Experience in robotics project management and expertise in a diverse range of technical fields is required.
- 8+ years of experience working in design, manufacturing, or production environments
- 5+ experience as a successful people manager with direct engineering reports
- 3+ years of experience using the Atlassian suite of software (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket) to successfully manage projects and documentation
- A degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Biomedical Engineering
- Established leadership and conflict resolutions skills
- Sense of urgency and superb time management skills
- Exceptional ability to coach with patience, yet set strong expectations and give feedback regularly to direct reports
- Ability to work intently to solve tough engineering problems and come up with good solutions quickly
- Thrives in high-stakes environments where you are personally held accountable for the financial well-being of your slice of the organization
- Documents plans for transparency and training so future employees can quickly get up to speed
- Welcomes feedback from technicians, engineers, and operation support personnel to improve processes
- Prioritizes the team's most impactful tasks while empowering the team to work autonomously
- Manage mechanical, electrical, firmware, and manufacturing engineers towards a common goal of achieving the plans laid out in a product roadmap
- Maintain a weekly cadence of direct report 1 on 1 meetings to ensure employee satisfaction, maximize department productivity, and address any issues or needs
- Coach the team on best practices and develop the staff with a continuous improvement mindset
- Provide technical guidance in at least one of the following fields: mechanical design, electrical design, robotic systems design, firmware implementation
- Provide mentorship and guidance for team members project management and execution
- Manage the schedule of project deliverables using Jira to flow tasks down from broader company wide goals
- Maintain the scope and milestones agreed upon by the engineering team and company leadership
- Develop the project workflows for existing and new product releases
- Develop KPIs for hardware engineering and development.
- Identify and execute necessary changes to purchasing and inventory control processes to facilitate growth and scalability
- Coordinate with the sales team to maintain alignment between customer needs and the products being developed
- An engineering degree or other technical background
- Experience in robots or automation
- Experience at small companies or startup environments
- Computer programming experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information about working at Fox Robotics, please visit foxrobotics.com/careers/.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.