Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare City Guide and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About This Position:
This Marketing Specialist role will report to the Director of Marketing. This individual will be responsible for the execution of Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm email marketing communications, including setup, testing, launch, post deployment analysis, and optimization. This role will also focus on content creation, supporting the many consumer touch points for both of our apps. The role requires working closely with our Marketing and Technology teams, as well as our external design agency, in a collaborative, cross-functional environment. The ideal candidate should be passionate about driving innovation and performance and be detail-oriented, results-driven, and a dependable team player.
- Develop and maintain forward-thinking email calendar for both our City Guide and Swarm apps, including concept, content, and audience information
- Daily execution of email campaigns including setup, testing, deployment, and post campaign analysis
- Work with our external design agency to create visually engaging emails
- Analyze and report on campaign results and user behavior to identify opportunities to improve engagement, and support overall email strategy
- Work with team to brainstorm ways to optimize of key metrics including click through rates, open rates, conversion, and retention
- Ideate and create strategic content and infographics for our consumer apps and emails
- Assist with development of social media strategy
- 2+ years relevant experience with email or content marketing
- Experience with an email service provider (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Cheetahmail, or Sailthru)
- Familiarity with HTML
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize projects effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to champion ideas and execute in an expedited timeframe
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including copywriting
- Proficiency analyzing and interpreting quantitative results and making data-driven program recommendations
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant areas
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.