Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check-in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About This Position:
Foursquare is seeking a dynamic Human Resources Director to work out of our New York City office, based in Flatiron, a block from Madison Square Park. This role will be reporting to the SVP, Human Resources. At Foursquare, we believe that our people are at the center of everything we do. We’re looking for a passionate people person to build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization and create processes that will help us scale for the future.
The ideal Human Resources Director candidate will possess excellent communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to function in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. You will be able to dive deep into the trenches, while simultaneously acting as a strategic partner and coach to employees and managers across the organization. You’ll quickly diagnose challenges, strategize solutions and implement change. You will play a critical role in maintaining Foursquare’s unique and diverse culture, and will continuously assess and understand business priorities to determine how HR can approach best supporting the organization.
In partnership with the SVP, Human Resources, you will oversee Foursquare's people strategies, including: performance management, compensation & benefits, payroll, employee training, cultural initiatives and major HR annual processes, such as our promotion process, year-end performance reviews and compensation cycle.
- Develop deep relationships and build trust with key stakeholders to provide thought leadership on people-related strategies
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Guide and coach employees on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex people issues (e.g., performance management, rewards and recognition, conflict management, etc.)
- Autonomously lead the design, implementation, and iteration of new people programs, as well as assess and improve current programs
- Engage on issues of organizational design, process, and workflows in order to help teams operate more effectively and reach peak efficiency
- Utilize people metrics to drive key insights and decisions around engagement and retention
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and memorable candidate experience
- 8+ years experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment creating, scaling and implementing HR policies and programs
- A sense of humor and passion for Foursquare; we are really excited to work here, and you should be too
- Significant experience with performance management, compensation programming and benefits administration
- Proven experience in organizational development, management training and employee coaching
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to design and implement people strategies that align and drive business results
- Understanding of local and national employment laws and regulations
- Comfort with high-volume work and not being afraid to jump into sticky situations
- A track record of influencing and advising executive leadership on talent and employment matters
- Prior experience managing direct reports, mentoring and developing HR talent
- Deep expertise utilizing people data analytics to influence organizational decisions
- Senior level HR experience in a tech start-up or high growth company
- Prior experience or exposure to M&A due diligence and integration procedures
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We deeply believe that in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.