Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About this Position
As part of its rapid expansion in the Enterprise space, Foursquare is seeking a seasoned Vice President of Enterprise Sales to build and scale a world class new business sales team in the Americas.
The team is primarily focused on acquiring new customers and expanding those relationships. You demonstrate high aptitude to recruit and develop top talent, and also have a mastery in driving execution working together with sellers, sales leaders and cross-functional partners towards ambitious revenue goals. You will develop a deep understanding of what business outcomes our customers are seeking, how Foursquare can help them achieve those goals and be instrumental to architecting and improving a best-in-class sales motion to scale our business. You will have experience building and growing a sales team from the ground-up and be highly focused on coaching and developing sellers and leaders skills. You are highly motivated by reaching new levels of performance and excellence, building a business and developing talent. You are a proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast moving and ever changing environment.
The right candidate for this role is a builder, a process-oriented leader demonstrating ambition and grit at all times and able to drive accountability and results. Foursquare is building a world-class sales organization and this role will spearhead our growth in a very exciting part of the business.
The role will be located in New York OR San Francisco and reports to the Chief Revenue Office (who’s based in SF).
- Attract, recruit and develop a team of exceptional sellers and front line leaders focused on large and mid-market accounts
- Instill a strong pipeline generation focus and motion driving healthy coverage to revenue goals
- Drive a disciplined practice across prospecting, discovery, solution mapping through negotiation.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting and delivering on quarterly and annual sales revenue targets
- Strong understanding of the Foursquare solutions and use cases within the market
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders including both technical and senior buyers
- Strong ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully and develop team
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product Management/Marketing, Customer Success and Business Operations & Legal to enable business growth
- 4+ years sales leadership experience in technology/software sales focusing on large Enterprise customers
- 4+ years individual contributor experience in technology/software sales focusing on large Enterprise customers
- Experience with a solution/value based selling methodology as the foundation towards coaching/development and deals inspection: Command of the Message by Force Management and MEDDPICC preferred.
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually
- Experience using Salesforce and tools such as Clari for accurate forecasting and developing analysis of your business
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.