Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team:
The Unfolded Team at Foursquare set out to bring the most advanced geospatial technologies to the world that is powerful, beautiful, and easy to use. The team is building a geospatial analytics platform for accessing, merging, enriching, analyzing, and visualizing spatial data. Members of Unfolded are authors of a suite of leading open source geospatial technologies - kepler.gl, deck.gl and H3. By joining the team, you will have an opportunity to work with some world-class geospatial engineers in the industry.
About the role:
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build world-class data visualization and analytics experiences.
- Develop elegant and responsive user interfaces using the latest Front-End technologies.
- Bridge the gap between UI design and product implementation.
- Maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
- Ensure web design is optimized for mobile and performance.
- Write reusable code for components and styles.
- 2+ years experience as a Front-End developer
- Experience with Front-End technologies including React, Redux, React Hooks, styled-components, and Webpack.
- Experience with browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Photoshop and Figma.
- Experience with implementing responsive web design.
- Have an eye for great design and are passionate about building products that provide a great user experience.
- At ease with technology, able to quickly pick up new tech stacks and troubleshoot
- Proactive, able to take initiative and work independently
Nice to have:
- Experience with building front-end dashboards and charts
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3.js and other charting libraries
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.