Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As a Sales Director you will be in a player-coach role responsible for both working directly with Agencies and Brands as well as managing a sales team. The position requires a strategic thinker and sales leader who will be deeply involved in creating location-based advertising solutions. You’ll manage a dynamic sales team creating deep ongoing relationships and demand for Foursquare’s products and services for Marketers including market-leading Targeting and Attribution solutions.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage day-to-day sellers across assigned territories and accounts in order to meet/exceed assigned regional revenue goal
- You will spend time meeting with agencies and brand direct clients, evangelizing Foursquare and location-powered advertising.
- You will be responsible for building positive relationships with client/agency counterparts, maintaining ongoing communications and ensuring that client needs are met.
- Along with the Business Development, Product, and Data teams you will craft custom opportunities to address marketer’s goals.
- You will take complex, and at times technical, sets of capabilities and translate that into a compelling story for the marketplace.
- Territory planning, goal setting, and identify and manage the team to focus on key growth areas
- Continue to build a team of highly motivated sales professionals to prospect and sell Foursquare’s suite of ad products to ad agencies and brands
- Lead your sales team as they develop sales strategies with top brand partners and agencies to drive large revenue programs and growth across top clients
- Assist your team as they create proactive proposals and respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s)
- Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote an environment of accountability through performance management
- Build and maintain a solid revenue pipeline
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- 8+ years of experience with digital advertising across sales management, sales, account management, or at an agency
- An entrepreneurial approach to business
- Experience working closely with the major holding companies including IPG, Dentsu, and OMG
- Demonstrated success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment.
- Strong work ethic with excellent organizational, project/time management, and analytical skills
- Experience structuring, negotiating and closing large partnership deals
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- BS/BA degree
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
- And much more!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.