Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare’s Business Development & Product Partnerships team works every day to build and manage strategic external partnerships that help develop Foursquare's core data assets, our Places Database and our Global Foot-Traffic Panel. The work of this team impacts consumer experiences for the ~1b people month who interact with our data via developer partners, as well as the experience for our media clients who use and rely on Foursquare’s data and marketing services.
As a Senior Manager, you will be primarily responsible for helping drive the go-to-market activity and execution of deals for Pilgrim SDK within the mobile app ecosystem. In this role, you will source and negotiate global, strategic partnerships with leading app publishers, helping them build powerful location-based experiences for their users, whilst enabling them to provide Foursquare’s suite of media services against their 1st party audience. You will also manage data deals of varying types and complexity to help enhance and support our suite of products, both enterprise and ad-related.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who is well networked with app publishers and is energized by putting together complex deal structures that find alignment between our goals and those of our publisher partners. Naturally, we’re looking for a candidate who can run a tight, detailed pipeline process, has experience navigating large enterprise organizations and who can quickly understand, discuss, and deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to engineers, product, legal and business people alike. Knowledge of location technology and data is preferred but not a deal-breaker.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's data growth through the licensing of Foursquare’s Pilgrim SDK
- Cultivate relationships with C-level and senior executives in the advertising supported app publisher community
- Lead the partnership and deal process, from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including executive, business, legal, product, marketing and engineering teams
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in the US and abroad
- Potential for expansion into other areas of data partnerships and data acquisition (e.g. Places data)
- Travel for meetings, conferences, and events (est 20-30%)
- 8-10 years business development experience at leading location data, SaaS, or technology/software related companies
- A strong network within the mobile app publisher ecosystem
- Familiarity and understanding of the mar-tech and ad-tech landscapes
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long and complex strategic deal cycles
- Bachelor's Degree is a must, MBA or MSc Degree is a plus!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.