Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
The BI team is responsible for integrating, synthesizing and interpreting critical business data. We provide support to the business by creating sophisticated reporting tools that the business can use on data-driven decisions and we deliver deep dive analysis to measure results of actions that we have taken or to answer challenging business questions.
About the role:
You are passionate about using your programming, and data wrangling expertise to create data tools that will help the analytics team answer product and business decisions questions. You are an excellent communicator that will provide thought leadership on metrics, features, and products to teams across the company. You have strong engineering experience and enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment. And most of all: you ship.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Creating and maintaining data pipelines using Python
- Creating and maintaining frameworks for data ingestion
- Write and tune SQL and other types of queries to support internal customer requests
- Design, develop and test ETL, and ELT data workflows from a variety of big and small data sources.
- Work closely with a range of stakeholders and team members to understand and finalize their business requirements for reporting and data aggregations
- Design, develop and maintain analytical databases based on business requirements
- Perform hands on implementation and maintenance of production ETL processes.
- Support ad-hoc data analysis requests
- Audit quality and repair data from data sources for accuracy
- 3+ years of industry experience maintaining production data warehouse and ETL pipelines and using data analytics to solve business problems
- 3+ years of experience in Python
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL
- Understanding of database structure, design, theories and principles
- Experience in Cloud environments
- Able to rapidly learn new processes/subject areas
- Willingness and ability to wrangle messy data
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience working independently solving a variety of business problems.
- Good communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Datorama and Tableau visualization tools
- Experience with MPP databases
- Experience in pyspark is a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.