Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team:
The Business Development team at Foursquare establishes and manages global distribution, channel and reseller partnerships that make it seamless for our direct customers to transact, consume, and adopt Foursquare’s products, services and data. We drive revenue growth by implementing strategic initiatives, negotiating terms, and collaborating closely with our Sales, Product, and Marketing colleagues.
About the role:
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for accelerating revenue growth and new product adoption across Foursquare’s existing channel partnerships with social media companies, such as Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and data marketplaces. The role involves extensive cross-functional collaboration with Foursquare’s Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance, and Legal teams, as well as building deep external relationships with Business Development, Sales, and Product counterparts.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will be driving channel revenue growth by optimizing and negotiating commercial contracts to develop mutually beneficial, strategic, and scalable partnerships. You will develop joint account plans with your partners to align incentives and goals, and will lead external partner sales trainings to ensure the unique value of Foursquare’s offerings are well understood.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Identify and execute on opportunities to drive incremental partner revenue through commercial optimization, geographic expansion, and addition of new product lines
- Develop or refine go-to-market strategies for existing partner channels, working with product marketing to produce supporting sales collateral and evangelize the partnerships both internally and externally
- Lead external partner sales trainings to enable partners to clearly communicate Foursquare’s value proposition to end customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our sales, client solutions, marketing, and product teams to analyze and proactively identify growth opportunities
- Identify and pursue opportunities to directly license Foursquare’s products to relevant social and marketplace partners
- Grow data marketplace revenue through commercial restructuring and/or sales team engagement
- 3-6 years of experience in management consulting or in a business development / partnerships, sales, or client services role at a big tech, social media, or ad-tech company
- Ability to effectively create, communicate, and execute partnership strategies
- Experience collaborating with legal stakeholders to review, negotiate, and sign complex strategic partnership contracts
- Track record of growing partnerships and exceeding individual revenue goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting Foursquare’s capabilities to large audiences and forging relationships with senior leaders within partner organizations
- Comfortable in a fast growing, dynamic working environment
- Strong academic credentials, BA/BS or equivalent required
Nice to have:
- Expertise in ad technology and experience working with agencies, publishers, DMPs, and social media platforms
- Experience with digital advertising pricing and commercial models
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.