Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As a Business Development Manager at Foursquare, you are experienced in selling into mid-sized accounts. As a successful candidate you are a creative, energetic self-starter who understands the sales process and can identify new opportunities in an ever evolving location market. You know how to prioritize your time to compress deal cycles while also helping your customers achieve their goals. You love understanding a product in depth and are passionate about communicating its value to prospects. You enjoy hunting for new opportunities, with an emphasis on closing net new accounts. As part of an enterprise organization experiencing tremendous growth, you will also benefit from accelerators above 100% quota attainment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with your team lead to establish a framework for prospecting across the commercial accounts within your industry. Understand and articulate scalable, repeatable use cases within your industry.
- Research technology, industry, and competitive trends to understand how Foursquare is positioned in the location space.
- Qualify opportunities quickly and accurately; prepare information for reporting to key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a robust, healthy pipeline
- 3+ years successful track record in business development, partnerships, or sales
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset: you find ways to hit your goals even in the face of adversity or limited support
- Proven success in lead generation, prospecting, negotiation and closing complex deals.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relentlessly prioritize and reprioritize where you are spending time to ensure you’re working on the most important and valuable deals
- A competitive mindset - you want to be responsible for generating the most net new revenue on the team.
- Finance background
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.