Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
At Foursquare we believe that our people are at the center of everything we do, and hold the keys to the company’s success. As the HR Business Partner, you will need to build strong relationships with employees at all levels, create and maintain scalable processes as we grow our team.
You possess excellent communication skills, business acumen, and the agility to function in a fast-paced and innovative environment. You are able to juggle hands-on projects where you dive deep into the trenches while simultaneously acting as a strategic partner and coach to employees and managers across the organization. You can quickly diagnose problems, and identify and drive appropriate solutions. You will play a critical role in helping maintain Foursquare’s unique company culture and will continuously assess and understand business priorities to translate into HR approaches that support the organization.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate on Foursquare's people strategy including talent management, assessment, and performance, compensation, training, and culture initiatives
- Partner with senior leaders and employees across the company to cultivate and communicate a company culture that encourages wide employee participation
- Work with HR team to scale our HR processes as we grow across multiple offices and locations globally including DE&I, Learning & Development and Engagement verticals
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization in order to be an effective listener, coach and problem solver of people issues, while providing feedback to executives concerning morale, motivation and risk issues
- Partner with the recruiting team to ensure we are attracting a diverse, highly skilled workforce
- Develop and implement practices and programs across all areas (compensation, benefits, policies, and perks) that retain and develop the best possible talent in the marketplace
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree is a plus
- 5+ years experience as a business partner including building and implementing HR policies and programs
- Experience working in a start-up environment or in the tech space
- Previous partnerships with client-facing teams a plus
- Proven experience in, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, training and development, and employment law and compliance
- Employee relations experience, with a strong ability to relate well to others, listen effectively, coach and build rapport with a diverse workforce across multiple locations
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Ability to use data to drive strategic business decisions and develop action plans
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work from the NYC office
- Willingness for occasional travel across Foursquare’s offices
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.