Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to lead our Measurement Interfaces Team. This full-stack team owns and develops Foursquare's industry-leading attribution and measurement products. The world's largest companies trust and rely on these products to make impactful decisions on their advertising campaigns. With Foursquare Attribution, customers can directly tie ad spend to real-world store visits across digital web, social, audio, billboard, and TV advertising. This role leads the team that delivers this rich data to our customers in a way that is understandable and most importantly actionable.
This role manages a talented group of individuals that creates engaging customer experiences and designs highly available backend systems. Additionally, this role will help reshape the way customers interact with Foursquare's product suite. With our recent acquisitions of Placed and Factual, we have ample opportunity to create powerful cross-product integrations. In this highly collaborative role, this individual will collaborate with Data Engineering, Client Success, and Product to invent the future of location. This person will enable the team to do the best work of their careers by embracing growth and leading through change. This individual is accountable for the team’s execution and ability to ship high-quality software while establishing the technical direction and roadmaps to achieve our lofty goals.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage and coach a team of talented engineers
- Own the team's technical roadmap and direction, working closely with Product Management, Client Success, Data Engineering, and stakeholders to achieve company goals
- Manage the development of scalable and robust customer web applications and APIs
- Identify and track critical diagnostic metrics for the health and growth of our core products
- Partner with engineering, product teams, and department stakeholders to drive forward broader engineering and company initiatives
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years managing an engineering team
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to promote employee engagement and align teams toward company goals and vision
- Proficient in capacity planning and project management, ensuring consistent and predictable deliveries
- Track record of reliably shipping and scaling high-quality products as an individual contributor and manager
- Excellent problem solving and systems debugging skills
- Hands-on experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations
- Understand modern full-stack application architecture, familiar with deployment process and monitoring tools
- Strong desire to tackle large-scale problems and build software used by thousands of high-profile clients
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.