Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
At Foursquare we believe that our people are at the center of everything we do, and hold the keys to the company’s success. As our first ever Engagement Manager, you will help shape how our team reaches success, gets true meaning from their work and how we work both individually and collectively.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead our Return to Office task force and initiatives with initial strategies across Foursquare and all regional offices and manage evolution of hybrid work model
- Revamp our onboarding and off-boarding processes and continue to iterate on them so employees have a best in class experience
- Help to oversee all global office operations and help to create a productive and engaging environment for the team
- Partner with Marketing on team events driving participation and engagement company-wide as well as region/team specific events
- Work with Marketing on ensuring our employment story is well publicized, including awards and publications
- Lead Foursquare For Good initiative to help us use our products and data to make the world a more inclusive, safe and better place
- Lead company survey efforts including engagement, onboarding and exiting, from development to implementation, working cross-functionally to ensure a successful rollout and follow through of efforts.
- Find new ways to gather, analyze and respond to employee sentiment, ensuring that the employee voice is heard, captured and understood at all times.
- Embed our culture in our processes such as, Performance Management, Development Planning, Talent Review, Succession Planning, Leadership Development, Talent Mobility, On-boardings
- Create annual budgets for operations and engagement efforts, and manage to those budgets throughout the year
- 7 years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- Proven ability to manage and grow a team of direct reports
- Passion for strengthening corporate culture, productivity, and building community within an increasingly diverse workforce over multiple locations
- Ability to work cross-functionally including all HR functions, Operations and Marketing
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to think big picture and dive into the details, and deliver on communication campaigns
- Uses data collection and analysis to drive action plans
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and make decisions with the information you have
- Lead with an emphasis on collaboration, proactivity, and flexibility, able to rally people and influence to get things done
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.