Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide
About the role:
We are looking for a Manager to join Financial Planning and Analysis and own all expense categories. This includes playing a key role in the annual budget cycle; monthly reporting; development of variance analyses; and preparation of expense Forecasts. This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, and will also work closely with the rest of Finance as well as various teams across the company. Candidates are expected to have a high aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting financial analysis; demonstrated problem solving skills; the ability to thrive in fast paced environments; and, work with remote teams and independently.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Play a key role in the annual planning, budget planning and monthly forecasting processes; partnering with all budget owners of the company;
- Responsible for topline and variable costs for all expense categories as well as headcount;
- Serve as key FP&A Partner for operating expenses and headcount to senior leadership, your FP&A counterparts and the broader organization;
- Lead, measure and report performance against financial plans and metrics to quantify financial risks, opportunities and insights to the business;
- Prepare summaries and present the monthly and quarterly financials with budget to actual analyses and other deep-dives;
- Run monthly business reviews and reporting with department heads, surfacing insightful analytics and potential areas of opportunity;
- Assist with the reporting of financial results to internal and external audiences;
- Develop and maintain robust cost and usage analytics that drive elevated understanding of both product-level unit economics as well as overall company operating metrics;
- Project Support, on an ad-hoc basis, as a finance partner to broader organization as needed; and,
- Prepare journal entries related to financial close activities (end-of period accruals, reclass entries).
- A deep understanding of corporate finance work processes, with emphasis on standard reporting (P&L, cashflows, budgets, and forecasts);
- Exceptional Excel, financial modeling skills and PowerPoint presentation skills;
- Candidate must possess previous P&L management experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting and financial statement analysis;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to detail;
- Excellent customer focus, a service mentality, and the ability to partner closely with internal customers;
- Personal interest and passion for business and modeling;
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytic aptitude to model new business scenarios;
- Comfort working with remote teams located on both East and West Coast;
- Ability to work independently, manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and exceed expectations in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environment;
- Experience in SaaS/Growth company environment a plus; and,
- Experience with financial planning systems and knowledge of cloud-based solutions is a plus.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.