Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the Team
The Client Solutions Engineering team is responsible for ensuring successful integration of Foursquare’s enterprise clients with our products and data. We work directly with clients and partners providing technical guidance and making sure they are able to use Foursquare products and data effectively. We are a high-impact team of developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products and data working closely with our Sales Engineering, Client Success and Product Management teams as well as with clients and partners.
About the role
As a Client Solutions Engineer working on our Developer products you are instrumental to client success with our Pilgrim SDK and Places API. You use your curiosity and persistence to develop expertise in how to use these products effectively, to troubleshoot SDK integrations with platform partners and develop point-of-views on how to use our API for specific use cases. You enjoy helping others solve problems. You use your strong organizational and communication skills to help clients use our products - providing technical documentation, guidance and recommendations as needed. Your first-hand experience with clients helps you understand and advocate for client needs internally with product and engineering. This role can be based in LA, Seattle, New York or Chicago.
Responsibilities of the role
- Driving onboarding of API and SDK products directly with our Enterprise clients and SDK Partners, including providing guidance on how to use our products their use case, validating a successful integration and confirming completion of onboarding
- Be the client ambassador internally - Identify product gaps and feature requirements based on client needs and work with our Product Management and Engineering teams to execute solutions
- Act as the first technical point of contact to our Enterprise clients and SDK partners - providing support internally and externally for Foursquare’s API and SDK products
- Build out technical and non-technical solutions to address friction points in onboarding - everything from integration and onboarding guides to FAQs and Postman Collections
- 2-3 years experience in Solutions Architecture, Sales Engineering, Developer Evangelist or similar client-facing technical roles
- 2 years or more experience with APIs, SDKs and/or mobile development
- Ability to run client technical calls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (we use Python primarily)
- Basic proficiency with Shell scripting and command-line utilities
- Basic proficiency with SQL (we use Postgres and Hive) or NoSQL (Mongo)
- Well-versed in reading code, technical documentation, and stack traces
- A degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with working across several teams (technical and non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- Experience with explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- An understanding of Location/GIS industries and data
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.