Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, WeChat, LINE. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 12 years, we’ve counted more 14 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Sr Strategic Account Manager to build deep relationships with our existing partners, driving retention and account growth. Strategic Account Managers serve as trusted, consultative advisors to our partners, confirming that expectations are being met (or exceeded) and guiding advanced use cases for Foursquare’s Asia business across Korea, Japan, China, HK, TW, Southeast Asia, and Australia.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, communicating regularly via email, phone calls and live meetings from onboarding to renewal
- Utilize strong business acumen & technical ability, including best practices and business processes, to understand and communicate product/technical requirements and solutions strategy to enterprise customers.
- Strategically deliver product training, demonstrations, presentations, assets, and marketing collateral to partners
- Share best practices for location technology and help partners hit their goals and milestones
- Proactively identify opportunities where Foursquare can add value to generate revenue growth
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (Strategic Sales, Client Solutions Engineering, Marketing, Communications, Legal, Business Development, etc.) to resolve issues and deliver best-in-class support to our partners
- Manage programs to collect partner feedback, distilling and sharing learnings with Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering teams to advance products and use cases.
- Spoken Korean or Chinese is a plus.
- 7+ years relevant work experience and a BA/BS degree in a related field
- Successful track record of renewals and account growth in an Enterprise SaaS or licensing business
- A diligent executor with a relentless drive to get stuff done
- A self-starter who operates autonomously in fast-paced environments
- Adept at creative problem-solving, prioritization and organization, with a commitment to detail.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
Nice to have:
- A strong understanding of location technology
- Experience in data and API-based and/or SDK partnerships and integrations
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.