Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About This Position
Foursquare is looking for a Billing Associate who will be an exceptional addition to our Finance team. You should be excited to learn about our company’s business model and have a basic understanding of revenue recognition, accounts receivable, and cash collections. This position will report directly to the Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst and will be responsible for assisting with billing for Foursquare by working closely with Sales Operations and Client Success to support a robust and growing Sales team. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator and team player with a positive, proactive attitude. If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, then this is the role for you.
- Gain a deep understanding of the sales process from contract inception and planning to billing and collection
- Establish relationships with key business partners & customers, and liaise directly with customers as one of the main billing contacts for invoicing and collection activities
- Prepare and submit invoices and revenue adjustments in a timely and accurate fashion
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure needs are being met in processes and system setup
- Communicate with clients to obtain impression counts for billing in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Client Solutions and Sales Operations teams to investigate discrepancies in campaign invoicing by adjusting invoices and issuing credit memos to expedite client payment
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, company reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Ensure compliance with internal company policies and procedures
- Support any ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field required
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers by phone & email
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel and data manipulation
- Prior Salesforce.com experience
- Experience in Netsuite is a plus
- Industry experience in digital advertising, media and/or entertainment ideal
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.