Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest world.
About the Team
The HR Team is made of a group of diverse dynamic individuals who bring a variety of areas of expertise to the table. As a member of the Foursquare HR Team, you will partner with cross-functional teams to assist in creating and maintaining a dynamic workplace built on inclusivity, strategy and innovation. You will be passionate about our Core Values and our commitment to making sure that we are incorporating our values in every aspect of our Corporate culture.
About the Role
Foursquare is excited to expand our ongoing commitment to DEI and we are seeking a dedicated and experienced Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager to join our HR team. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the DEI Program Manager will oversee and be the Employee Resource Group (ERG) liaison, manage projects and implement programming aligned to our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategy.
The ideal candidate is someone who is an experienced DEI leader with a track record of successfully building a variety of DEI programs relevant to the population and needs of the organization, successfully assessing gaps, and measuring progress with a passion to promote meaningful, long lasting change. You’ve also executed creative programs throughout the employee lifecycle to ensure a diverse workforce and equitable internal practices.
What you'll do:
- Provide guidance and oversight of Employee Resource Groups (ERG); assist in the development and annual implementation of ERG strategic plans and budgets
- Partner with the VP of Human Resources to identify, define and establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness and success of DEI programs; Influence decision-making and priorities through compelling data, analysis and recommendations
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to evaluate initiatives to ensure that DEI has been considered, including but not limited to policies, practices, procedures, and internal communications
- Partner collaboratively with HR team members on L&D, inclusion advocacy and related initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle that enhance the employee experience and attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce
- Help define how Foursquare’s DEI strategy aligns with our business goals and what drivers influence business decisions, in partnership with leaders across the company
- Stay current on DEI programs, research and developments; network and build relationships with professional and educational organizations and underrepresented groups; and consider opportunities to represent Foursquare externally
- Create and facilitate safe spaces for honest and helpful dialogue around DEI while building trusted partnerships, credibility and influence
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop comprehensive diversity recruitment and retention strategies
- Partner with our ERGs and HR Team to increase cultural awareness, support Foursquare’s diversity goals, increase business impact, and employee’s sense of community
- Collaborate with internal communication owners to ensure that DEI is considered in all aspects of our internal and external communications, while owning regular communication of diversity initiatives, events and progress
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of directly relevant experience as a D&I practitioner developing D&I programs
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- You believe that DEI is truly your purpose and passion and you thrive on helping others develop understanding and application
- You have knowledge of federal and state EEO/AAP laws and compliance
- You have high EQ, strong self-awareness, integrity, professional ethic and safeguard confidential and sensitive information
- You have excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- You’re an approachable relationship builder and trusted advisor who enjoys partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- You are results driven and can seamlessly translate data into useful insights for decision making and measuring impact
- You show strong attention to detail and have exceptional project management and organizational skills
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.